The roadmap below is subject to change and not indicative of all the changes that may occur in the respective release.
- Budgie 11 needs to be completely accessible.
- Current popovers break a11y, ensure all components are reusable and ATK registered
- All components being split up for Budgie 11
- Raven = standalone, Panel = standalone, etc.
- All Widgets provided by Factory plugins.
- Raven and Panel will use separate, versioned trees:
- Individual plugins to be namespaced within each root:
- Return to Widgets & Notifications only
- Move Settings out completely
- Switch to drawer mode - i.e. overlap panels
- Moving to out-of-process
- Should support Widgets like:
- Panel per monitor
- Drag reordering of widgets, with highlighting + animations.
- Method to lockdown a panel.
- Panels permitted on any edge.
- Ensure panel never blocks window dragging between vertically arranged monitors.
- Autohide abilities (“intellihide”)
- Variable width panels
- Dock style mode for custom CSS class. Allow custom styling (or background occlusion) for dock mode Budgie panel.
- Learn about newly installed Widgets dynamically
- Arc Styling will move back into the arc-gtk-theme repo
- 11 Styling to be different ?
- Add a new “budgie-widget-factory” to
budgie-core that can be run from git to facilitate simpler theme development.
- Sound Widget to merge into Panel Widget, and converted into optional Raven Widget
- Richer notifications (Actionable)
- Don’t die with Rhythmbox. kthxbai.
- Group the notifications by application
- Raven needs a “Quiet Mode” (do not disturb)
- Groups have a “last time”, sort by this.
- Dismiss on group basis too.
- Removed from Raven, need a new method in which to control these
- Replace GCC completely, even with the system control components
- Use Windowed Mode for 11
- Raven Applets to be known as “Raven Widgets”
- Budgie Panel Applets = “Panel Widgets”